CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Sometimes You Leave

Sometimes I get so caught up in one thing. Be it a person, a goal, or even a moment in my life. I forget that I don't have to stay caught up in it. I can leave. I can put aside everything going on in my mind about the subject, and focus on something else. Something that gives me more hope and happiness. Sometimes I can't change things. Sometimes I get caught up in my future - about what will happen and when - and I can't change that. I can make decisions that lead me in certain directions, but I can't change the future. I have to wait until it happens.

And I certainly can't change people. That's a tough one. Because sometimes - well, a lot of times - I wish I could change people. Change what they're doing, what they want. But that just isn't possible. Influence is definitely possible, but not a guarantee.

I get so frustrated sometimes when things don't happen how I want. But. I know that I can leave. And sometimes that is the only thing I can do. Leave the dreariness and focus on the happiness. Walk away from that person. that thought. that dream. There are better things out there for me, and I want to find them.

0 comments: