CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 10, 2009

Pray Your Heart Out

Can I just say how much I appreciate the ability we have to pray? I just love it. I love just saying everything I want to say, anything I'm feeling or thinking. All the bad stuff that goes through my mind that makes life sad, and all the great amazing things that happen to me everyday that I sometimes neglect to recognize. Knowing that at any time - even if I'm in class, at a friends house, walking on campus, or just in the comfort of my own bedroom - that I have someone right there with me that I can talk to. I don't have to have something interesting to say, I can just say what I'm feeling. I can say thank you for giving me such a wonderful fulfilling life. I can beg forgiveness for mistakes I've made. I can ask for things that I want - my deepest desires. And I can also acknowledge that, while I may request many things and I may not be as grateful for some things as I should be, I want things to go according to His will and plan for me. And that, to me, is the hardest and yet most fulfilling thing. Because He does know everything and even when I'm being difficult, He will guide me to the path, even if it hurts or if I argue. I know that I have to let Him do it because He knows best and, well, I want Him to.

So, there's my little shout out for praying. Never underestimate the power of communication - the power of communication with the most important person in our lives.

0 comments: